Why do I need root canal therapy?Root Canal Therapy is needed when the nerve gets infected or inflamed, and this happens for different reasons like:
- Tooth decay
- Deep restoration close to the pulp
- Trauma and breakage of the tooth
- Cracked tooth
- Trauma and injury like tooth avulsion or dislocation
Step by StepThe First step is to prepare the tooth and make access to the canal.
- Next, are the cleaning and shaping of the canal with advanced precise small instruments.
- Then the canal will be filled with a biocompatible rubber-like material called Gutta Percha.
- The last step is restoring the tooth with final restoration and a crown (if needed) to protect the remaining tooth structure from breakage.
Signs and symptoms of inflamed/infected pulp- Pain and prolong sensitivity when eating or drinking hot and cold food.
- Tenderness to touch during chewing, eating and biting.
- Soreness in the surrounding soft tissue may extend to the adjacent lymph nodes.
- Swelling and fever.
- Sometimes it is asymptomatic, no pain or issues but radiograph shows sign of infection.