Here are the things you can expect and steps to follow on your first dental visit (Comprehensive examination and cleaning):1. An Appointment may last between an hour to an hour and a half.
2. Please arrive 10 minutes before your appointment time to get yourself comfortable and so Morningstar Dental Team can go over the registration and consent forms.
3. You will receive an extra-oral and intra-oral examination.
4. Thorough gum evaluation (amount of time is needed for this assessment as it depends on your current gum condition and will vary from one person to another).
5. Evaluation of your teeth conditions and existing dental work.
6. At this point, dentists will determine what type of digital radiographs is needed to complete the assessment. We implement the latest advancement in digital radiography which decreases the amount of radiation exposure to our patients.
7. Digital Photos using intra-oral digital camera will be taken for teeth and gum.
8. Your Dental needs will be discussed with you in details and treatment plan will be established.
9. Cleaning of your teeth, polishing and fluoride treatment will be provided. The hygiene (cleaning) process may be modified or adjusted according to your current oral health status. If advanced care or deep cleaning is recommended, then another hygiene appointment will be scheduled for you. To make sure sufficient time is allowed to accomplish a thorough cleaning for both upper and lower teeth.
10. A demonstration of proper brushing and flossing technique will be also given, followed by Oral care instructions and recommendations.